Thursday 28 June 2012

100 Lady Gaga Quotes.


  1. “Some women choose to follow men, and some women choose to follow their dreams. If you're wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn't love you anymore.” 
  2. “Trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken, but you can still see the crack in that mother fucker's reflection.” 
  3. “They can't scare me, if I scare them first.” 
  4. “Love is like a brick. You can build a house, or you can sink a dead body.” 
  5. “‎Do not allow people to dim your shine because they are blinded. Tell them to put on some sunglasses, cuz we were born this way bitch!” 
  6. “And now, I'm just trying to change the world, one sequin at a time.” 
  7. “If you dont have any shadows you're not in the light” 
  8. “I remember watching the mascara tears flood the ivories and I thought, "It's OK to be sad." I've been trained to love my darkness.” 
  9. “I'm obsessively opposed to the typical.” 
  10. “I'm already crazy. I'm a fearless person. I think it creeps up on you. I don't think it can be stopped. If my destiny is to lose my mind because of fame, then that's my destiny. But my passion still means more than anything.” 
  11. “Once you kill a cow, you gotta make a burger” 
  12. “Well my music was different in high school; I was singing about love—you know, things I don't care about anymore.” 
  13. “I've always been famous, it's just no one knew it yet.” 
  14. “A girl’s got to use what she’s given and I’m not going to make a guy drool the way a Britney video does. So I take it to extremes. I don’t say I dress sexily on stage - what I do is so extreme. It’s meant to make guys think: ‘I don’t know if this is sexy or just weird.” 
  15. “When I wake up in the morning, I feel like any other insecure 24-year-old girl. Then I say,'Bitch, you're Lady Gaga, you get up and walk the walk today.” 
  16. “I want you to walk out of here tonight not loving me more, but loving yourselves more.” 
  17. “I don't want the 5 dollars in your pocket, I want your soul”
  18. “My friends joke that I’m dead until I get onstage. I’m dead right now as you’re speaking to me.” 
  19. “For being different, it’s easy. But to be unique, it’s a complicated thing.” 
  20. “I'd wear any of my private attire for the world to see. But I would rather have an open flesh wound than ever wear a band aid in public.” 
  21. “I would rather die than have my fans see me without a pair of heels on. And that's show business.” 
  22. “So many will try to destroy me. So many, over and over, coming in periods of greatness. But in this period, I cannot be broken: GAGAKLEIN.” 
  23. “It's cooler to be strong.” 
  24. “A middle finger is more New York than a corporate ambush. I bleed for my hometown, and I'd die for my fans.” 
  25. “Amy [Winehouse] changed pop music forever, I remember knowing there was hope, and feeling not alone because of her. She lived jazz, she lived the blues.” 
  26. “I think there are different kinds of fame. There's fame which is plastic and about paparazzi and money and being rich, and then there's the fame, which is when no one knows who you are but everyone wants to know who you are.” 
  27. “You really don't need to be a celebrity or have money or have the paparazzi following you around to be famous.” 
  28. “I hate the truth so much that i'd rather have a giant dose of bullshit any day” 
  29. “People ask me why I wear veils. I reply, I am mourning. Mourning what? Well I figure something shitty must be going on somewhere.” 
  30. “A record deal doesn't make you an artist; you make yourself an artist”
  31. "My ultimate goal is to work with fashion designers and do performance pieces on a runway show."
  32. "I don't really give a Fuck at the end of the day."
  33. "My goal as an artist is to funnel a pop record to a world in a very interesting way. I almost want to trick people into hanging with something that is really cool with a pop song. It's almost like the spoonful of sugar and I'm the medicine." 
  34. "In my earlier days of writing for myself, I wanted songs to be more complex. I thought they had to be for me to be taken seriously as an artist. But writing for other people, you get to learn things about yourself and take on their insecurities. Now I can appreciate and incorporate more simplicity in lyrics and melody." 
  35. "I remember watching shows when I was little and dreaming about being on stage, I want to be that for somebody else."
  36. I used to get made fun of for being either too provocative or too eccentric, so I started to tone it down. I didn't fit in, and I felt like a freak." 
  37. "I don't want to sound presumptuous, but I've made it my goal to revolutionize pop music. The last revolution was launched by Madonna 25 years ago."
  38. "The turning point for me was the gay community. I've got so many gay fans and they're so loyal to me and they really lifted me up. They'll always stand by me and I'll always stand by them. It's not an easy thing to create a fan base."
  39. "Being gay is like glitter, it never goes away."
  40. "You can be smart, and in your underwear."
  41. "I have a strong sense of my own sexuality. I love the naked human body and I have huge body confidence."
  42. "I was working in strip clubs when I was 18. Girls from my background weren’t meant to turn into someone like me...My act was pretty wild. I’d wear black leather and dance to Black Sabbath, Guns N’ Roses and Faith No More. Very rock ’n’ roll."
  43. "You asked me who Lady Gaga was, but even after I show you, you're still not going to know who I really am… Lady Gaga is my name. If you know me, and you call me Stefani, you don't really know me at all."
  44. "I’m a relentless bitch."
  45. "I'm sort of a pop musical misfit... I always say that if all the pop singers were at a high school party together, I would not be at the cool kid's table."
  46. "Only value the opinion of those you respect and anyone you don't respect, pay no mind to their opinions about you or anything else."
  47. "The Lower East Side has an arrogance, a stench. We walk and talk and live and breathe who we are with such an incredible stench that eventually the stench becomes a reality. Our vanity is a positive thing. It’s made me the woman I am today."
  48. "Even as a kid I always had eyes on me, like bees on honey. I was always outrageous and I was always very smart."
  49. "A year from now, I could go away, and people might say, ‘Gosh, whatever happened to that girl who never wore pants?’ But how wonderfully memorable 30 years from now, when they say, ‘Do you remember Gaga and her bubbles?’ Because, for a minute, everybody in that room will forget every sad, painful thing in their lives, and they’ll just live in my bubble world."
  50. "I had a boyfriend who told me I'd never succeed, never be nominated for a Grammy, never have a hit song, and that he hoped I'd fail. I said to him, 'Someday, when we're not together, you won't be able to order a cup of coffee at the f***ing deli without hearing or seeing me'."
  51. "Pop stars should not eat."
  52. "I don’t like Los Angeles. The people are awful and terribly shallow, and everybody wants to be famous but nobody wants to play the game. I'm from New York. I will kill to get what I need."
  53. "I always think that's funny when I meet people and they're like 'Oh my God, it's amazing! You sing!' I'm like, aren't we suppose to sing? Its part of the gig, isn't it?"
  54. "To really love someone you have to share your art with them."
  55. "All that ever holds somebody back, I think, is fear." 
  56. "Fight and push harder for what you believe in, you'd be surprised, you are much stronger than you think!"
  57. "I was born on a stage and I will die on one."
  58. "Do not allow people to dim your shine because they are blinded."
  59. "Thank you for always believing in me, you are the kingdom of my music."
  60. "Thank you for making the girl who felt like a freak, feel like she belongs."
  61. " can't help myself, I’m addicted to a life of material."
  62. "A glamorous life is quite different to a life of luxury."
  63. "Bless God and bless the gays!"
  64. "There are some people in this world that believe being gay is a choice. It's not a choice, we're born this way."
  65. "I created the Monster Ball so that my fans would have a place to go – a place where all the freaks are outside."
  66. "The Monster Ball is by nature a protest…"
  67. "It's fashion! I'm an artist!"
  68. "Sometimes in life you don't always feel like a winner, but that doesn't mean you're not a winner..."
  69. "Born this Way' is about being yourself, and loving who you are and being proud."
  70. "Every bit of me is devoted to love and art. And I aspire to try to be a teacher to my young fans who feel just like I felt when I was younger. I just felt like a freak. I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm trying to liberate them, I want to free them of their fears and make them feel that they can make their own space in the world."
  71. "I am so excited to extend myself behind the scenes as a designer and to - as my father puts it - finally have a real job."
  72. "I don't like celebrities; I don't hang out with them; I don't relate to that life."
  73. "I don't think I could live without hair, makeup and styling, let alone be the performer I am. I am a glamour girl through and through. I believe in the glamorous life and I live one."
  74. "I guess you could say I devoted myself so strongly to my music that for awhile I forgot about my family. But I only get one set of parents, and I think I forgot about that for a little while."
  75. "I had this dream, and I really wanted to be a star. And I was almost a monster in the way that I was really fearless with my ambitions."
  76. "I like pushing boundaries."
  77. "I live halfway between reality and theater at all times. And I was born this way."
  78. "I want my fans to love themselves. It's almost like I want to hypnotize them so when they hear my music they love themselves instantly."
  79. "Live your eyeliner, breathe your lipstick, and kill for each other."
  80. "I've had grand pianos that are more expensive than, like, a year's worth of rent."
  81. "When you’re in the public eye, you’re a role model whether you want to be or not, and I want to be. I’m not one of those self-obsessed artists who don’t care about their fans. It’s not just about the music. I look out into the O2 and there are 18,000 screaming young people and I have a responsibility to them — and you’re an idiot if you don’t know that."
  82. "I am really inspired by the Italians like Gabbana, Versace and Gucci. But I am looking it in that way and trying to make my own."
  83. "Writing a record is like dating a few men at once. You take them to the same restaurants to see if they measure up, and at some point you decide who you like best. When you make music or write or create, it’s really your job to have mind-blowing, irresponsible, condomless sex with whatever idea it is you’re writing about at the time."
  84. "Do you know the feeling,when your heart is so hurt, that you could feel the blood dripping?"
  85. "My grandmother is basically blind, but she can make out the lighter parts, like my skin and hair. She says, "I can see you, because you have no pants on." So I`ll continue to wear no pants so that my grandma can see me."
  86. "Nuns ran my school, so I was suppressing this part of myself for a long time. It wasn't until later that I realised my true passion was music, art and performance."
  87. "I hope that what you take away from my album is not just the music - which I did want to be fun, and I did want it to be about individuality, but please also take away from it that there's no dream that's too big."
  88. "I've been actually really very pleased to see how much awareness was raised around bullying, and how deeply it affects everyone. You know, you don't have to be the loser kid in high school to be bullied. Bullying and being picked on comes in so many different forms."
  89. "I'm working on bringing the instant film camera back as part of the future."
  90. "In a sense I portray myself in a very androgynous way, and I love androgyny."
  91. "In the book of Gaga, fame is in your heart, fame is there to comfort you, to bring you self-confidence and worth whenever you need it."
  92. "It's hard knowing who to trust with your personal life. When you cry in your room at night, you don't always know who to call. So I am very close to my family."
  93. "So there's nothing more provocative than taking a genre that everybody who's cool hates - and then making it cool."
  94. "The instrument that I never learned how to play was my fans. You know, they are the part of the story that nobody teaches you. I just want to do the right thing; I want to be a voice with them, among them."
  95. "Where I come from it was really unheard of to be at a party and someone says, 'What kind of music do you make?', and you say, 'Pop music.' You may as well have 'I'm not cool' stamped on your forehead."
  96. "When you're around me and really see that all I do is live and breathe for my work, it's not strange, it's just Gaga."
  97. "I can’t even drive a car. I don’t have a driver’s license. I have a rented apartment in New York. That’s it. When I travel, I have almost all of my possessions with me. That’s how little I own."
  98. "I didn’t speak to anyone at the BRIT’s. I’m an outcast from the music industry, I don’t have any friends in the music business. I feel completely detached from the celebrity world, you never see me falling out of nightclubs."
  99. 'I want to have a husband who loves and supports me, just the way anyone else does, I am a very sentimental person and family is important to me."
  100. "I’m very bossy. I don’t move on. I vomit in the bathroom before every show. I can scream my head off if I see one light fixture out. I’m very detailed, every minute of the show has got to be perfect. I want to grab the audience by the balls. This show has made me quite mental. But my focus is on the work. Not on the celebration."

No comments:

Post a Comment